The Employment Round Tables
How it all started
The Employment Round Tables were begun in 1983 in partnership with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). The Employment Round Tables are composed of volunteers from businesses, public and private employers, and from labor organizations. Their purpose is to create an awareness of the problems of discrimination, harassment and retaliation in employment. The goal of the Employment Round Tables is to reduce discrimination and promote equal opportunity.
The objective of the Employment Round Tables are to:
- Enhance communications between the Department and the public.
- Provide forums that promote education, advocacy and understanding of anti-discrimination laws and practices.
- Initiate cooperative programs that preserve civil rights and expand equal opportunity in employment.
The Employment Round Tables provide:
- Seminars and conferences on discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment.
- Information on DFEH activities.
- Counseling and other assistance to small employers
- Special projects in response to public educational needs.
- Technical advice and input to DFEH on its procedures.
Events & Webinars
Upcoming Event: Avoid The Breaking Point
Strategies for addressing mental health in the workplace:
- Handling the unique challenges of reasonable accommodations for mental health impairments
- Finding the right balance between helping, employee privacy, and avoiding assumptions
- Identifying early signs that an employee may be having difficulties
- Exploring strategies and finding resources
- Identifying and responding to potential workplace safety issues
- COVID era challenges and mental health disabilities
Program: noon – 3:00pm
Webinar Cost: $40
MCLE and HR CEU Credit Pending Included.
NCERT Board Members
NCERT’s committed board of directors and board members help us deliver on our mission and vision. We are pleased to acknowledge and thank them for their continued support of the organization.
Andrea Kelly Smethurst
Attorney / Workplace Investigator
Andre Kelly Smethurst Law, PC
Attorney at Law
VP Human Resources
SafeAmerica Credit Union
Law Offices of Amy Oppenheimer
Acting General Counsel | California Complete Count – Census 2020
Senior Director, Human Resources | Compass Group
Associate Attorney | Shaw Law Group
President | DMG: Diversified Management Group
Of Counsel | Ferber Law
Mediator/Investigator | Grover Workplace Solutions
Employment Attorney & HR Advisor | Dillingham & Murphy, LLP
Associate General Counsel | Bio-Rad Laboratories
Partner, Employment Law | Delfino Madden O’Malley Coyle & Koewler LLP
President, Principal Consultant | EOS Human Resources
Attorney, Of Counsel | Quarles & Brady LLP
Attorney at Law | Susan Zeme Employment Law
Director | Department of Fair Employment & Housing
Regional Administrator | Department of Fair Employment & Housing
Our Commitment to Accessibility:
NCERT is committed to making our website content accessible and user friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on this website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please contact our current Board Secretary at1-800-746-4364 ext. 6105, or email our team at email@example.com, include “Disabled Access” in the subjects line, and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement. We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. Additionally, while we do not control such vendors, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user friendly.