The Employment Round Tables
How it all started
The Employment Round Tables were begun in 1983 in partnership with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). The Employment Round Tables are composed of volunteers from businesses, public and private employers, and from labor organizations. Their purpose is to create an awareness of the problems of discrimination, harassment and retaliation in employment. The goal of the Employment Round Tables is to reduce discrimination and promote equal opportunity.
The objective of the Employment Round Tables are to:
- Enhance communications between the Department and the public.
- Provide forums that promote education, advocacy and understanding of anti-discrimination laws and practices.
- Initiate cooperative programs that preserve civil rights and expand equal opportunity in employment.
The Employment Round Tables provide:
- Seminars and conferences on discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment.
- Information on DFEH activities.
- Counseling and other assistance to small employers
- Special projects in response to public educational needs.
- Technical advice and input to DFEH on its procedures.
Website Accessibility & Workplace Disability Accommodation Issues
Join representatives from the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and our other panelists for a lunchtime discussion o website accessibility and workplace accommodations issues, focusing on visual and hearing disabilities. The program will begin with an update from the DFEH.
NCERT Board Members
NCERT’s committed board of directors and board members help us deliver on our mission and vision. We are pleased to acknowledge and thank them for their continued support of the organization.
Of Counsel Employment & Compensation Law
Baker & McKenzie, LLP
Andrea Kelly Smethurst
Attorney / Workplace Investigator
Andre Kelly Smethurst Law, PC
VP Human Resources
SafeAmerica Credit Union
DMG: Diversified Management Group
Partner | Baker McKenzie, LLP
Trainer & Curriculum Developer | County of Alameda
Senior Director, Human Resources | Compass Group
Partner | Zurate Dulany Law, PC
Director of Human Resources | Fairn & Swanson, Inc.
Employment Attorney & HR Advisor | Dillingham & Murphy, LLP
Director | Department of Fair Employment & Housing
Advisor | NetApp
Associate General Counsel | Bio-Rad
Senior Employment & Benefits Counsel | CSAA Insurance Group
Vice President | CSAA Insurance Group
Human Resources | County of Alameda
Of Counsel | Pacific Employment Law, LLP
Regional Administrator | Department of Fair Employment & Housing
Chair, California Labor & Employment | Quarles & Brady LLP